BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, hydro, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We have The Power to Change the Future TM.
Our foundational values are:
Our organizational values are:
Seasonal Snow Removal Equipment Operator
- Belleville, ON or Kawartha Lakes, ON
- Reports directly to Manager, Solar Operations
Accountabilities and Key Functions
This position will be accountable for operating unique snow removal equipment for the removal of snow from Solar Modules. Key functions include:
- Inspects equipment on regularly basis before use;
- Operates snow removal equipment safely in a manner as instructed via the supplied training;
- Ensure vehicle monitoring software is operating for each shift;
- Uphold all aspects of BEAM’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies, practices, and programs and work to ensure that all activities are administered with the same care and requirements such that occupational accidents, injuries, and other hazards related to BEAM’s activities are minimized and/or avoided;
- Uphold BEAM’s values and consistently enhance the image and reputation of the Company;
- Other duties and tasks as assigned according to operational requirements.
- 2 years experience in medium sized or larger machinery;
- Skidsteer, Tractor, Frontend Loader or similar experience would be an asset.
Personal Characteristics & Skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Mechanically inclined and able to operate equipment and machinery while monitoring multiple conditions and making multiple, complex, and rapid adjustments;
- Ability communicate effectively with other team members, follow specific instructions and respond to requests from others;
- Ability to operate various communication devices (ie. telephone, two-way radio, etc.).
- Valid driver’s license;
- Able to provide a satisfactory 3 year driver’s abstract and 3 year insurance history report;
- Extremely flexible working hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays;
- Work safely and responsibly in remote conditions;
- Ability to exert moderately heavy (up to 40 pounds) physical effort in moderate to heavy work, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling;
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions including, for example, extreme cold, rain, wet conditions, dust, and noise.