BluEarth Asset Management (“BEAM”) is a subsidiary of BluEarth Renewables Inc. (“BluEarth”), accountable for operations and maintenance of BluEarth’s renewable energy facilities.BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We bring together extraordinary people with the power to change the future TM.
Our Core Values
- Be Passionate. We have an inner fire to do great work and leave the world a better place.
- Be Agile. We keep pace with the now and next and adapting to change runs through our veins.
- Be Proud. We go the extra mile because we are proud of our business and a job well done.
- Be Humble. We believe putting our ego aside and working together builds community and forges strong relationships.
- Be Persistent. We never give up and thrive on challenges that would unnerve others.
The Operations Clerk, Operations will be based in head office Calgary, AB and will be directly reporting to the Operations Coordinator, Wind & Solar. This role will be held accountable for providing purchasing and other administrative support to BluEarth’s wind, solar and hydro operations teams. Support will be provided to office operations staff in Calgary, Vancouver, and Guelph, as well as to operations staff at BluEarth’s solar, wind and hydro generation facilities. In all activities, dealings and decisions, the Operations Clerk will exemplify the values of BluEarth.
Accountabilities and Duties
- Working directly with site operations staff and Operations Coordinators to support procurement activities;
- Managing contracts with service, spare parts, equipment and other suppliers to meet facility needs;
- Creating and overseeing all purchase orders and ensuring all vendor invoices follow purchase order information;
- Working closely with BluEarth’s accounting team to process all procurement activities and related matters in accordance with BluEarth’s accounting and asset management policies, including;
- Reviewing and following up on vendor invoices to ensure accurate and appropriate billing;
- Preparing and submitting payment requisitions for contractual non-invoice payments;
- Supporting ongoing budget tracking and reconciliation activities;
- Preparing quarterly accruals of unbilled goods and services;
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with key suppliers as appropriate;
- Providing inventory tracking assistance for operations facilities, including the use of BluEarth’s asset management system Maximo;
- Providing contract administration and file management for operations;
- Assisting Operations Coordinators with other operational matters as required.
- Post-secondary education, with a degree, diploma or certificate in operations management, administration or accounting considered an asset.
Experience and Skills
- Three to five years of experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced and multi-entity environment;
- Experience with processing and overseeing invoices and purchase orders;
- Experience with basic contract management and working with vendors considered an asset;
- Basic accounting skills required;
- Experience with Netsuite and/or Maximo software or any other comparable software system;
- Experience in an operations setting, with experience in renewable energy preferred;
- Experience supporting a team of individuals who have varying needs and strict deadlines;
- Experience supporting or administering budgeting and/or cost tracking processes;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional skills with Microsoft Office software and general office technology;
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Highly detail-oriented and committed to accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to provide results;
- Highly motivated, with the ability to contribute and collaborate in an energetic and dynamic team environment;
- Ability to switch gears quickly and effectively utilize resources to get the job done;
- Displays professionalism and strong ethics; is reliable and trustworthy;
- Practical, communicative, organized, directive, and flexible;
- Passionate about contributing to a positive work environment and development of BluEarth’s culture;
- Enthusiasm for both the position and BluEarth’s initiatives and vision.
- Ability to travel within Canada and internationally;
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours, when required;
- Legally entitled to work in Canada.