BluEarth Asset Management (“BEAM”) is a subsidiary of BluEarth Renewables Inc. (“BluEarth”), accountable for operations and maintenance of BluEarth’s renewable energy facilities.BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We bring together extraordinary people with the power to change the future TM.
Our Core Values
- Be Passionate. We have an inner fire to do great work and leave the world a better place.
- Be Agile. We keep pace with the now and next and adapting to change runs through our veins.
- Be Proud. We go the extra mile because we are proud of our business and a job well done.
- Be Humble. We believe putting our ego aside and working together builds community and forges strong relationships.
- Be Persistent. We never give up and thrive on challenges that would unnerve others.
The Jr. Hydro Operator, Labourer will be based out of Sechelt, BC and report to the Supervisor, Hydro Operations. The role will assist with hydro facility operations and maintenance on the Sunshine Coast. Under the direct supervision of the hiring manager, the position is held accountable for the construction and further safe and efficient operation and maintenance (O&M) of the Narrows Inlet Hydro Facility. The Hydro Operator will also provide support to project upgrades and construction of future projects that may connect with BluEarth’s British Columbia hydroelectric assets. In addition, the role will from time to time, assist and support O&M activities at additional BluEarth facilities.
Accountabilities and Duties
- Assist and support work, to monitor and assess the performance of the Narrows Inlet Hydro Facility, through annual operating reviews, including production, corrective and preventative maintenance programs;
- Respond to operational upsets of every nature in a timely fashion;
- Assist in the development of the Narrows Inlet Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and lead in its execution in the event it is initiated;
- Assist the Lead, Operations and Maintenance in the development of facility specific plans and procedures and the proper implementation and reporting of the Operations Parameters and Procedures Report;
- Assist the Lead, Operations and Maintenance in the development and execution of the Project Vegetation Management Plan;
- Understand and participate in all aspects of health and safety policies, practices and programs designed to motivate employees to reduce or eliminate occupational accidents, injuries, and other hazards related to company’s operations;
- Work with BluEarth staff and service providers to maintain various stream gauges and keeping them up to appropriate standards, downloading, analyzing, and compiling data to ensure operational compliance;
- Participate and maintain a working environment conducive to team work, creativity, and positive morale;
- Journeyman electrician, preferred Class B or Millwright certification would be asset but not required;
- Other equivalent and directly related trade certifications will be considered;
Experience and Skills
- Previous electrical wiring experience and knowledge considered an asset;
- Strong mechanical aptitude inclination;
- Previous labourer experience and ability to troubleshoot mechanical malfunctions;
- Experience operating an excavator considered an asset;
- Previous run-of-river hydro facility operations experience would be an asset;
- Chainsaw and timber falling certification and experience;
- Experience in a growing company;
- Experience in an operationally-intensive business.
- Capable of identifying and addressing problems effectively, proactively and respectfully in order to achieve objectives of BluEarth;
- Ability to understand technical issues and how they relate to the business;
- Ability to prioritize and reschedule priorities as needed;
- Excellent coordination skills and demonstrated efficiency in providing support to multiple concurrent projects;
- Strategic thinker – Able to prioritize and move easily from big picture thinking to detailed execution work;
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Persistent, dedicated and motivated
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Professional, respectful, and high degree of work ethic;
- Exercises independent judgement and discretion in performing tasks.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license;
- Ability to travel within Canada and internationally;
- Physically capable of working in various plant and field conditions;
- Ability to work a varying schedule including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as on-calls;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.