BluEarth Asset Management (“BEAM”) is a subsidiary of BluEarth Renewables Inc. (“BluEarth”), accountable for operations and maintenance of BluEarth’s renewable energy facilities.BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We bring together extraordinary people with the power to change the future TM.
Our Core Values
- Be Passionate. We have an inner fire to do great work and leave the world a better place.
- Be Agile. We keep pace with the now and next and adapting to change runs through our veins.
- Be Proud. We go the extra mile because we are proud of our business and a job well done.
- Be Humble. We believe putting our ego aside and working together builds community and forges strong relationships.
- Be Persistent. We never give up and thrive on challenges that would unnerve others.
The Jr. Hydro Operator, Labourer will be based out of Sechelt, BC and report to the Supervisor, Hydro Operations. The role will assist with hydro facility operations and maintenance on the Sunshine Coast. Under the direct supervision of the hiring manager, the position is held accountable for the construction and further safe and efficient operation and maintenance (O&M) of the Narrows Inlet Hydro Facility. The Hydro Operator will also provide support to project upgrades and construction of future projects that may connect with BluEarth’s B.C. hydroelectric facilities. In addition, the role will from time to time, assist and support O&M activities at additional BluEarth facilities.
Accountabilities and Duties
- Perform daily O&M duties and inspections to maintain facility equipment and grounds, reports, and assist with correcting any deficiencies;
- Perform annual O&M duties as per the preventative maintenance schedule;
- Assist with the execution of the Project Vegetation Management Plan, including brush clearing by means of chainsaw or excavator when required;
- Assist with the execution of the Project Roadways Maintenance Plan; including road assessments, clearing of fallen trees and road repairs following erosion or minor slide events;
- Assist and support Hydro operators and respond to operational upsets of every nature in a timely fashion (24/7 On call duties required on a rotating basis);
- Maintain a tidy and organized work environment;
- Work with fellow coworkers and service providers to maintain various stream gauges and keeping them up to appropriate standards, downloading, analyzing, and compiling data to ensure operational compliance. This may also include taking manual water samples from various creeks, changing batteries in remote site locations and aiding hydrology staff in maintaining gauge accuracy;
- Clearly understand the Narrows Inlet Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and assist in its execution in the event it is initiated;
- Participate and maintain a working environment conducive to team work, creativity, and positive morale;
- Uphold all aspects of BEAM’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies, practices, and programs and work to ensure that all activities are administered with the same care and requirements such that occupational accidents, injuries, and other hazards related to BEAM’s activities are minimized and/or avoided;
- Uphold BEAM’s values and consistently enhance the image and reputation of the Company;
- Other duties as required.
- Journeyman electrician, preferred Class B or Millwright certification would be asset but not required;
- Other equivalent and directly related trade certifications will be considered;
Experience and Skills
- Previous trade experience and knowledge considered an asset;
- Previous laborer experience and ability to troubleshoot mechanical malfunctions;
- Experience operating an excavator considered an asset;
- Previous run-of-river hydro facility operations experience considered an asset;
- Chainsaw and timber falling experience;
- Experience in a growing company;
- Experience in an operationally-intensive business.
- Strong mechanical aptitude inclination;
- Capable of identifying and addressing problems effectively, proactively, and respectfully in order to achieve objectives of BluEarth;
- Ability to prioritize and reschedule priorities as needed;
- Excellent coordination skills and demonstrated efficiency in providing support to multiple concurrent projects;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as; safety regulations, operations, service and other procedural manuals;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for both electrical and mechanical systems;
- Being able to learn how to effectively troubleshoot equipment, such as multimeters, voltage testers, and etc.
- Strategic thinker – Able to prioritize and move easily from big picture thinking to detailed execution work;
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Persistent, dedicated and motivated
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Professional, respectful, and high degree of work ethic;
- Exercises independent judgement and discretion in performing tasks.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license;
- Ability to travel within Canada and internationally;
- Physically capable of working in various plant and field conditions;
- Ability to work a varying schedule including early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays, as well as on-calls;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.