BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits. We bring together extraordinary people with the power to change the future.
Our Core Values
- Be Passionate. We have an inner fire to do great work and leave the world a better place.
- Be Agile. We keep pace with the now and next and adapting to change runs through our veins.
- Be Proud. We go the extra mile because we are proud of our business and a job well done.
- Be Humble. We believe putting our ego aside and working together builds community and forges strong relationships.
- Be Persistent. We never give up and thrive on challenges that would unnerve others.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team for a period of eight months and to assist the engineering and construction department with project as well as department related tasks.
Accountabilities and Duties
Under the direction of various members of the construction and engineering team, the Junior Engineer will be accountable for
- Analysis, editing, and transferring of engineering documents and drawings to an external system
- Compiling and organizing a technical library
- Creating engineering document templates
- Drafting reports, presentations, spreadsheets and etc.
- Researching and conducting preliminary due diligence with equipment suppliers
- Coordinating and working with the engineering & construction team in managing and coordinating vendors, consultants, and contractors
- Supporting the transition of projects from development and construction through operations; working with the operations staff to oversee technical knowledge transfer and document control
- Technical coordination with various disciplines and departments
- Coordinating internal and external review of project technical specifications and reports, design drawings and documents, work, and execution plans
- Contributing towards continuous improvement of BluEarth’s engineering best practice processes as well as identifying new opportunities to improve project execution and operational efficiencies
- Other duties as required
As the position continues to evolve, and BluEarth advances its growth plan, modifications to the key functions set out herein are likely.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering
Experience and Skills
- Experience in the renewable energy sector is preferred, but not required
- Previous engineering work term experience is considered an asset, but not required
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion and have the confidence to ask questions to ensure clear and strategic action
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated efficiency in providing support on multiple, concurrent projects involving different functional teams with varying deadlines
- Detailed thinker
- Team player
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Action-oriented, dedicated, and deliberate
- Strong work ethic and high integrity
- Self-starter requiring limited supervision
- Charismatic, fun, and has a sense of humour
- Professional, diplomatic, polite, and trustworthy
- Passion and enthusiasm for both the position and BluEarth.
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to occasionally travel to sites or other locations within Canada or internationally