BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, hydro, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits.
We have The Power to Change the Future TM.
Our foundational values are:
Our organizational values are:
Contracts & Land Coordinator
Calgary, Alberta; with occasional travel to project sites and participating communities as well as potential travel to support development and acquisition activities.
- Reports directly to the Director, Business Development & Land (the “Director”), or designate;
- Is a member of the Origination & Development functional team.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
This position will be accountable for the successful implementation, management, tracking, and administration of of various contracts, with primary focus on land agreements and land related functions.
Key functions of this position include:
- Identify and manage overall land and contract dependencies and ensure these project and plant deliverable elements stay on-time and on-budget;
- Ensure the timely and accurate payment of options and lease amounts to various landowners, as well as providing other notifications and contractual requirements;
- Proactively identify gaps in land holdings, such as option expiry or document deficiencies and coordinate any required remedy;
- Create strong and open relationships with various landowners and act as a point of contact for any inquiries and/or concerns;
- Coordinate and process, with support from the Director, all property tax filings, appeals and payments;
- Provide administrative support in all phases of the contract cycle from RFP review to contract finalization;
- Oversee setup and maintenance of master agreements ensuring files are up to date and include any amendments, decision documents, non-disclosure agreements, etc.;
- Coordinate with various internal functional teams to ensure critical information is communicated and contractual obligations are met;
- Provide administrative support to Director and Origination & Development team during RFP process, due diligence efforts and general advancement of project execution;
- Contribute towards continuous improvement of BluEarth’s origination & development best practice processes, as well as identify new opportunities to improve project execution and operational efficiencies;
- Uphold all aspects of BluEarth’s Health, Safety & Environmental policies, practices, and programs and work to ensure that all contracts and agreements are implemented and administered with the same care and requirements such that occupational accidents, injuries, and other hazards related to BluEarth’s activities are minimized and/or avoided;
- Uphold BluEarth’s values and consistently enhance the image and reputation of the Company;
- Such other acquisition, development, construction, and/or operational functions as the Company may reasonably require in connection with the pursuit of its goals.
As the position continues to evolve, and BluEarth advances its growth plan, modifications to the key functions and geographies set out herein are likely.
- Post-secondary education in law, land, project management or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in coordinating land agreements within the energy industry;
- Experience with contract management, with preference given to those with land experience;
- Experience in renewables industry is highly preferred;
- Experience in coordinating property tax within the energy industry considered an asset;
- Experience in coordinating due diligence in the electrical energy industry considered an asset.
Characteristics & Skills
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Ability to proactively plan, schedule, track, monitor, and advance project activities;
- Possess excellent contract management and administrative skills and demonstrated efficiency in leading and providing project support on multiple, concurrent projects;
- Willingness to learn standard commercial contract language to eventually become comfortable reading, interpreting and enforcing contract terms;
- Demonstrated efficiency in providing project development support on multiple, concurrent projects involving different functional teams with varying deadlines;
- Exceptional communication, and conflict/issue resolution skills, with the ability to proactively identify and strategically work to resolve challenging situations with confidence;
- Ability to respond effectively and positively to obstacles and challenges, while earning the trust and respect of others;
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and discretion and have the confidence to ask questions to ensure clear and strategic action;
- Self-starter requiring limited supervision;
- Knowledge of MS Office, including Project, Word, Excel, and document management systems;
- Action-oriented, dedicated, and deliberate;
- Strong work ethic and high integrity;
- Charismatic, fun, and has a sense of humour; and
- Passion and enthusiasm for both the position and BluEarth.
- Ability to travel within Canada and internationally as required;
- As required by a project’s lifecycle and operational requirements, ability to work outside regular business hours;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Work is generally carried out among an office environment, at remote project development and greenfield sites and operating plants, and outdoors (with exposure to various weather conditions).