BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits.
We have The Power to Change the Future TM.
Our foundational values are:
Our organizational values are:
Corporate Accountant – 15 month contract term
- Reports directly to the Senior Accountant and indirectly to the Director, Accounting.
Accountabilities and Key Functions
This position will be accountable for supporting the Senior Accountant in the preparation of the Company’s accounting records, financial statements and financial reporting. In all activities, dealings, and decisions the Corporate Accountant will exemplify the values of BluEarth Renewables Inc. (BluEarth or the Company).
Key functions include:
- Preparing and posting journal entries;
- Maintaining accurate records for consolidated balance sheet accounts;
- Assisting with preparation of monthly management reports;
- Assisting with preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and notes to the consolidated financial statements in compliance with IFRS;
- Preparing quarterly and annual standalone entity financial statements for BluEarth’s non-operating entities;
- Providing analysis and accounting policy conclusions in relation to accounting matters resulting from new accounting standards, financings and other transactions;
- Assisting with the preparation of the quarterly supporting working papers;
- Assisting with annual audit and interim audit work with external auditors;
- Creating and maintaining documentation for accounting processes and policies;
- Upholding and promoting the Company’s core values; and
- Other tasks and duties as required.
- Minimum post-secondary accounting degree, with preference given to candidates who are pursuing, or have recently completed, a Canadian accounting designation (CPA).
- Minimum two years recent accounting experience;
- Experience working within a multiple-entity, multiple-currency environment;
- Intermediate knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS); and
- Experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Skills & Personal Characteristics
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and excellent eye for accuracy;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve problems;
- Highly motivated, with the ability to contribute and collaborate in an energetic and dynamic team environment;
- Ability to switch gears quickly and effectively utilize resources to get the job done;
- Ability to exercise sound and critical judgement, show initiative, and be proactive;
- Highly detail-oriented with an ability to focus on the ‘big picture’;
- Displays professionalism and strong ethics; is reliable and trustworthy;
- Practical, communicative, organized, directive, and flexible;
- Passionate about contributing to a positive work environment and development of BluEarth’s culture;
- A sense of humour; and
- Enthusiasm for both the Position and BluEarth’s initiatives and vision.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours when required.
- Working for a well-capitalized leader in the North American renewable energy industry, with a track record of success;
- Working in a collegial, open, engaging, and fun atmosphere with a strongly aligned team;
- Exposure to many facets of the Company;
- The opportunity to make a significant, meaningful difference to the Company through diversity of job activities and responsibilities; and
- Achieve career growth within a growing and evolving company