BluEarth is a private company focused upon commercial-scale renewable energy development and operations. As an independent renewable power producer, our goal is to build, own, and operate sustainable wind, water, and solar generation projects. At BluEarth, we are developing and operating a portfolio of energy projects that optimizes people, planet, and profits.
We have The Power to Change the Future TM.
Our foundational values are:
Our organizational values are:
- Reports directly to the Lead, Origination and Development;
- Working closely with BluEarth’s functional groups (e.g., Finance, Accounting, Development, Operations, and Engineering and Construction).
Accountabilities and Key Functions
The Business Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Origination and Development team in growing BluEarth’s investments through acquisition, partnerships and development of renewable energy projects. This will include economic analysis and due diligence of greenfield projects and acquisition opportunities, providing material and risk analysis to the team, and analyzing market data and transactions. The Business Analyst will be responsible for managing and maintaining project financial models for BluEarth’s acquisition and development projects.
Key functions include:
- Provide economic analysis of greenfield and acquisition opportunities, including day-to day management and maintenance of financial models;
- Supporting diligence activities related to potential acquisitions;
- Supporting the economic analysis of BluEarth’s overall portfolio on an ongoing basis;
- Coordinate with key third parties, including equity partners, lawyers, accountants, independent engineers and advisory firms;
- Provide regular market updates and analysis of renewable transactions;
- Work with various functional teams to support commercial agreements;
- Support team and corporate reporting, including regular updates and Board of Directors reporting;
- Uphold all aspects of BluEarth’s Environmental, Health, & Safety policies, practices, and programs;
- Uphold the company’s core values.
As the position continues to evolve, and BluEarth advances its growth plan, modifications to the key functions and geographies set out herein are likely.
- Support all areas of transactional business development from research, opportunity identification, economic modeling, due diligence and closing;
- Provide economic modeling of new opportunities, current portfolio, and input to the overall BluEarth corporate model;
- Continuous learning and growth such that role develops over time to include greater independence in all key functions above;
- Development of relationships both internally and externally;
- Work collaboratively with other BluEarth groups to uphold and demonstrate the company’s values.
- University degree, preferably in Management, Business, or Finance, but consideration will be given to those that possess tangible and proven experience and skills;
- Credentials such as CA, CPA, CFA, and MBA are highly valued.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in banking, business development, engineering, finance or relevant field;
- Experience in renewable energy or power and utilities is also strongly preferred.
Skills & Personal Characteristics
- In depth understanding of project economic models;
- Excellent coordination skills and demonstrated efficiency in providing support to multiple concurrent projects;
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities;
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written;
- Strong Finance and Accounting knowledge;
- Strong work ethic and high integrity;
- Strategic thinker – able to prioritize and move easily from big picture thinking to detailed execution work;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities including conflict/issue resolution;
- Action-oriented and able to work within interdisciplinary teams;
- Able to earn the trust of others;
- Persistent, dedicated, motivated, and a good sense of humour;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Professional, respectful, and charismatic;
- Exercises independent judgement and discretion in performing tasks.
- Able to commit to a flexible work schedule that often involves significant time outside of typical business hours;
- Ability to travel within Canada and internationally.