The Sturgeon Falls Generating Station is located on the Seine River approximately 90 km east of the Town of Fort Frances, Ontario. The station was completed in 1927 and includes two vertical axis Francis turbines. Discharge facilities consist of a 13-bay sluiceway with wooden stop logs and a remotely operated, vertical lift waste gate. The generation capacity of the facility is approximately 7 MW.
|Location:||Seine River, 90 km east of the Town of Fort Frances, Ontario|
|Technologies:||2 vertical axis Francis turbines|
|Nameplate Capacity:||7 MW|
|Power Sales:||Long-term power purchase agreement|
The Sturgeon Falls Generating Station is owned and operated by H2O Limited Partnership (H2O). BluEarth Renewables owns an interest in H2O. For more information and to view public notices, visit h2opower.ca.