Norman Generating Station is located on the Winnipeg River at the outlet of Lake of the Woods in the City of Kenora, Ontario. The dam was constructed in 1898 and the powerhouse was added in 1926. The station has five vertical axis Kaplan turbine units. The generation capacity of the facility is 10 MW.
|Location:||Winnipeg River, City of Kenora, Ontario|
|Technologies:||5 vertical axis Kaplan turbines|
|Nameplate Capacity:||10 MW|
|Power Sales:||Long-term power purchase agreement|
The Norman Generating Station is owned and operated by H2O Limited Partnership (H2O). BluEarth Renewables owns an interest in H2O. For more information and to view public notices, visit h2opower.ca.