Kenora Generating Station is located on the Winnipeg River at the outlet of Lake of the Woods in the City of Kenora, Ontario. The station was constructed in 1906 and converted from horizontal to vertical turbines between 1921 and 1926. The station has ten vertical shaft Francis turbines with a total generation capacity of 6 MW.
|Location:||Winnipeg River, City of Kenora, Ontario|
|Technologies:||10 vertical axis Francis turbines|
|Nameplate Capacity:||6 MW|
|Power Sales:||Long-term power purchase agreement|
The Kenora Generating Station is owned and operated by H2O Limited Partnership (H2O). BluEarth Renewables owns an interest in H2O. For more information and to view public notices, visit h2opower.ca.