Fort Frances Generating Station is located on the Rainy River in the Town of Fort Frances. The station was originally constructed in 1909 and was completely rebuilt in 1954 to include eight vertical axis Francis turbines. The generation capacity of the facility is 10 MW.
|Location:||Rainy River, Town of Fort Francis, Ontario.|
|Technologies:||8 vertical axis Francis turbines|
|Nameplate Capacity:||10 MW|
|Power Sales:||Long-term power purchase agreement|
The Fort Frances Generating Station is owned and operated by H2O Limited Partnership (H2O). BluEarth Renewables owns an interest in H2O. For more information and to view public notices, visit h2opower.ca.